Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Goal-setting A Daily Affair!

We need to have Long term goals and short term goals.

Long term goals:

Be bold!
Just write down anything outragous!
Its ok, its GOAL anyway, right?

Remember, no invention begins without a BOLD Dream! We will not have computer, if someone dream of having a machine think as fast as us. We will not have car if on one ever though of having a machine to drive us around, we will probably still on horses.

Also, write down not one or tenbut, challenge and push yourself to write down 100 goals! Trust me! its not easy, but it is worth it! To date, i just managed to write 50 of them. Will complete it and rewritten it again every year! Its interesting to see and review yearly goals and notice the priority and importancy changed accordingly due to many factors.

Short term goals:

Be realistic
Achievable.
Something that can make us out of comfortable zone a little

Generally:

Write in present tense as if its already achieve.

Set a date realistically. Its ok to slipped a little, just adjust accordingly.

Be as clear as possible (used of words such as by or from or on)

Be as detail as possible (write down the color, shape, dimension, smell, sound, environmentetc)

Write in positive positive and not negative positive way. (eg, i want to replace smoking with exercise as compare to I want to stop smoking)

Use affirm word and not trying word. (eg, I MUST have as compare to I WISH to or I will TRY to

Set a plan.

Write it down EVERYDAY.

Yes, for short term goal, its important to write it down EVERYDAY! Not many goal setting resources will tell you to write EVERYDAY. YES! EVERYDAY! Why? so that our mind can be congruent to what we aim and shoot for. If possible, start a new day with writing down the goal FIRST THING! This will remind us and tell us each day, what ever we do, are we gearlng it towards our goal!

Remind that this is not those daily achieving goal where I will do this and that today. This is your short term goal which I will encourage everyone to write it everyday!

I started this last year for 3 months and then stopped due to whatever excuses I can find. But during that 3 months, amazingly, I managed to achieve 2 of my goals which i have replaced it this time.

I MUST write down everyday and persistent through. Will use this blog to remind myself!

BTW, you may ask, what if I miss the deadline? Well, reset, review and rewrite again! Hey, rocket scientist do not launch their rocket to moon with one single projectile. The actual path of rocket launch was correted consistently throughout the whole projectile! So...

You = Rocket
Goal = Moon
Deadline = consistently corrected throughout projectile

Thus, by writing down our goals daily, will help us to correct oand review our daily tasks if we are on the right track.

If you feel like discussing on this subject, you are welcome to email me @ admin@ThisIsJustA.com or leave a comment in my blog: http://www.thisisjusta.com

Albert TayAntoinette Blog98066
Annelise Blog34760

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Besucherza sexsearch